Sunday, September 29, 2013

Baby's Finished (Budget) Nursery

My husband and I have been working on the finishing touches for the nursery.

Here is the big "reveal" and a little advice on putting together a nursery without spending a bundle!

We have a really small house, so Baby's room is a little compact.

One side of the room is all of the changing supplies.


 Along with the growth chart made by my sister. 


She did such a great job with it! I love that hedgehog on top! 


The changing table was a fun little project to do. It was my dresser when I was a little girl. I will tell you how to repaint laminate furniture soon!

The tiger postcard and elephant painting were found by my mom, and the vintage grocery wire rack was found at a garage sale for $8. Perfect for a little nursery shelf!


In the two top dresser drawers are cloth diapers. The covers and burp clothes on one side,


And the diaper inserts and doublers on the other side! 


The other side of the room is storage, the rocker, and the crib. 


The wall hanging was made by my husband's mother and the quilt on the crib was made by my mom.

It was so fun that ALL of our family members really helped out in making and finding stuff for our baby! What a blessing to have such wonderful people in our lives!!


I love this rocker! My mom found it for $5 at a garage sale and remade the cushions out of a queen-sized Herringbone patterned blanket. She did such a fantastic job!! I can't wait to rock my baby boy in it :)


The last part of the nursery is the bookcase. Which is one of the only things we have for storage. 

* FUN FACT: Our little rental home only has one closet in the whole house. That's right, ONE. So we have to get a little creative with storage sometimes :)


Our bookcase contains 6 of these covered baskets from Target. They are perfect for keeping small things like hats and socks contained and organized! I also added little tags with baker's twine so I know what is where!!

Now the only thing left to do is wait for baby to come!! :)

Budget Breakdown:

- Changing table: Table = Free (Already had it)
             Spray Paint = $24
             Knobs = $35

- Wire Rack = $8 (Found at a Garage Sale)

- Crib = $4 (My mom found this gem at a Garage Sale!)

- Rocker = $5 for the rocker + $60 for the Target blanket

- Bookcase = FREE (My sister was getting rid of it!)

- Wall Art = FREE (for family gifts) + $35 for a matted 5x7 frame for the Tiger and 3 4x6 frames
              + $9 for post cards

- Other accessories were mostly gifts from the baby shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment