Wednesday, January 2, 2013

DIY Day by Day Calendar

I saw this picture on Pinterest a few months ago:

LOVE this idea... It's a daily calendar that is reused each year and gets better the longer you use it. Each day you write the year and something that happened that day like, "(Child's name) took her first steps." Imagine how neat it would be in 10 years.

And I thought it was a fantastic idea for looking back at what you've done over the past few years!

It would also be such a fun gift for someone!



Obviously, some days/years will be more interesting that others, but how fun to look back in five years and see what vacations you took or what parties you went to??

So on New Year's Day I started my own:


It's very easy to do. Just gather your note cards. I had some fun colored ones from my mom that I wanted to include. 


Cut the cards in half,


and place them into your fruit container. I bought a ceramic one from World Market. It was $4 or $5 dollars. Much less than the Anthropologie ones! 


After you cut all (or at least the majority) of your cards, 


add the dates on the top.


Then your calendar will be all set up! Remember to add the year of every date!

I am also going to find some pictures and postcards to separate out the months. Enjoy your calendar for the next decade! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment