Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cleansing Your Home: Part 4: Clothing

I must say that this is one of my favorite parts of the de-cluttering process: going through clothing!

We have 3 people in our home, so it will take at least three nights to get through everything. Since the weekend is coming up, we will start on Saturday, Feb. 1st. That will give everyone a break to enjoy life!

Day 1: Your clothing
Day 2: Your spouse's clothing (My husband NEVER goes through his clothes, he just keeps getting more!)
Day 3: Children's clothing
     - If you have more than one child, you may want to switch the days so you can get all of your children's clothing done on Sunday.

Here are some guidelines to help sift through the clutter:

1: If you haven't worn the item in 6 months, take it out of the closet. Go through this pile after you've gone through everything.
2: Turn all of your hangers around. Each time you wear a shirt turn that hanger the right way again. After 6 months, you will see what you haven't worn. It is safe to say that you won't wear these items, so you can donate them.
3: Seriously consider the amount of clothing that you have. Most of us could stand to get rid of a pair of jeans or a couple of shirts that we don't really like.

Use these to guide you while you go through your closet:

40 Hanger Closet

Organizing Your Wardrobe

50 Classics Checklist

Happy Sorting!! :)

2 comments:

  1. This has been very helpful. Going through my closet TOMORROW and I know there are clothes that I do not wear. I guess it will be another trip to the Salvation Army!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pulled lots of items from my closet that I was just never going to wear again!

    ReplyDelete