Sunday, June 16, 2013

Travel Clothes for a Pregnant Lady

My husband and I are going on an 18 day road trip soon. Eighteen days! YAY!!! The rough part is we don't have much room for clothing and the temps are going to range from 60 - 85 degrees! That means I had to get creative...

I picked out a few tops that go with 1 pair of shorts, 1 pair of skinny jeans, and a maxi dress. They all use the same color scheme so it is easy to pair shoes and accessories. Let me show you how I mixed the tops and bottoms to make more than enough outfits for the trip!


I chose just 1 t-shirt that was long enough to cover my belly(!), 


that paired well with the shorts I'm bringing, 




and goes well over my maxi dress. 


* Great tip: find a fitted maxi dress that looks good with a shirt over it! This allows it to be a skirt as well as a dress! *


I packed two tank tops: a basic black one, shown here, and a purple one that also goes well with the grey shorts.


To dress up your tanks you can always add a scarf!


There are 6 outfits right there. With only 5 pieces of clothing and 1 accessory!

To add a little more variety I added this button up.


I works well with the skinny jeans,


and works as a cover up for the maxi dress.

Since it is definitely going to be cooler in the evenings and in the mountains I wanted to add a couple long-sleeve/warmer options.


This long-sleeve workout top easily fits with the maxi, 


shorts, and skinny jeans. 


I also threw in this grey sweater which works well over any of the shirts I packed 



and also goes well with the only sundress I packed. 

So for 14 clothing items, I can create about 20 outfits!

I can wear a different outfit every day and still have a couple to spare :)

The variety should also work well for days in the sun and also for the coastal winds!


Even better?

It all fit on ONE side of my clothing tub!


Leaving the other side open for my pjs, makeup and other things! 


Pregnant or not, I hope some of these tips help you pack for your own trip!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! We are linking to this particularly great
    post on our website. Keep up the good writing.


    my web-site ... Arma 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful post! I will be using it when I pack for our Vegas Trip! But focusing on the warm-weather clothing options. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete