Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hand-Painted Linens

Grab some fabric paint, a little linen and put some craft paper down. This could get messy.

First things first, measure out how thick you want your stripes or shapes to be. I decided to do some stripes for my first one. It seemed like a good choice for my first one.





I put my stripes about two inches away from the edges to allow for a 1/2 inch hem.

Measure out a little paint in a dish


 and mix with two parts water.


Try to get most of the water off of your brush before starting to paint. You get a more even colored stripe and it doesn't take as long to dry.


When you are done with the first stripe, move the tape to a second shape or stripe if you wish. 


 When all the stripe or shapes are finished, peel all of the tape off and enjoy your finished product!


The last step is to finish off with your hem.

Let it dry for about 3 days before washing. 

1 comment: