Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Vegetarian Delights

My husband and I have been trying to eat more vegetarian meals lately. It is partly because I have been watching so many documentaries (namely, Food, Inc., Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, Food Matters, and Forks Over Knives). They all have amazing information and really opened our eyes to a healthier lifestyle. We aren't full vegetarians, but we are trying!

These are some of the amazing meals we've eaten lately. Some do have dairy products which we have also been trying to limit, but they are delicious!

Crispy Potato Roast

This is my new favorite potato recipe. Lots of thin slices gives them a really nice crunch!! I've made them a few different ways already, with garlic, with green onion, and sprinkled with an herb blend. They were all so delicious. My husband and I also put some ketchup on top. (Crispy Potato Roast)

French Onion Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Sometimes, I get a HUGE craving for French Onion soup. It is by far my favorite soup, but it takes sooooooo long to make. This is my quick fix food :)

Personally, I like to take a recipe and run with it. When I made this sandwich for the first time I added mushrooms to the last couple minutes of cooking the onions. I also like to use different breads. We have a favorite multigrain bread that we use instead of sourdough. Mozzarella is also a cheaper cheese that works for this sandwich and so good melted!!!!! (French Onion Grilled Cheese)




I really love sweet potatoes. AND apparently they are a new "super food". Not sure about that one, but they do contain vitamins and carotene. The easiest way to make a sweet potato is to bake it. 425 degrees for about 40 minutes (depending on the size).

Now I know sweet potatoes usually go with marshmallows or lots of butter, but I like to cover them in SALSA. Yep, that's right. It cuts calories and gives a sweet touch to the spiciness of the salsa. MMMMmm.. So delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment