Saturday, October 27, 2012

Spanish Vegan Meal

Tonight for dinner I made Spanish rice and refried bean dip with tortilla chips.

It was delicious.


I'll start with the easy part, the bean dip.

It may not look that good, but I promise you, you will not be able to stop eating it!!





All you do is mix refried beans (I used a can of fat-free beans) with however much salsa and whatever kind of salsa you want. It's that simple! I used probably a 1/2 to 3/4 cup of my dad's homemade salsa.

You can either heat this mixture in a crockpot or heat it in the oven.

If you want to kick it up a notch feel free to add tomato chunks, bell peppers, or jalapenos.

For the rice, first start with the onions.

I cut up a small garden onion that we had, equal to about 1/2 a medium onion.


Cook in about a tablespoon of oil until they are nice and brown.


Add your cut up peppers (1/2 pepper) and minced garlic (one clove).


After letting those cook for a couple minutes throw in your corn. I used about half of a steam fresh bag.


Add your rice (1 1/2 cups), salsa (1/3 cup), and for extra zest squeeze in some fresh lime juice. 


Grab some tortilla chips and enjoy your meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment