Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hand Written Scarf

I once had an old scarf,

It was raggedy and used...

Actually, I just got sick of it so plain, but the poetic touch adds to the story.

Really, I just had a white scarf that I thought needed a little updating. So I choose a quote that I loved:




I feel like this quote speaks to my life. Chose one that speaks to yours :)

I grabbed a fabric pen and got my creative writing juices flowing!


(Make sure you put craft paper of newspaper under your scarf so the pen doesn't bleed through to the surface!)


I did the writing in three sections making sure to leave enough space for the full quote. My writing goes across so it doesn't make sense until you're looking at the full scarf.



Think about the spacing of your word.


Lightly pencil it in.


Then go over it again with a fabric marker or paint.


And there you go!


You have a fancy new scarf to wear about!




2 comments:

  1. What type of pen did u use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a fabric pen from JoAnn Fabrics, but you can find them at any craft store. They are located next to the fabric paints.

      Delete