Saturday, November 3, 2012

Jewelry Board

Lately, my jewelry holder has gotten out of control:


It has started overflowing here:


And here:


I decided something needed to be done. 




So this week I got some spray paint and went to work getting a jewelry board ready for my wall!

Here are my supplies:


The frame is actually a find I picked up for $1.25 at a thrift store a couple months ago. It used to be a gross brown color. I just spray painted it a peachy-pink color and it gave the frame a completely updated look.

I used neutral colored linen so I can interchange the rest of the colors when my style changes :)

I also gathered some old knobs I had lying around from my dresser and a piece of plywood that my husband and I picked up at the hardware store.


First, arrange your knobs on the plywood and mark the spots to drill with a pen when you find an arrangement that you like.

Then match a drill bit to the same size as your screws or knobs. Proceed in drilling.


Next, staple your fabric tightly around the plywood. 


Like that.

Put your screws or knobs in the holes you drilled and cut the fabric just enough so that the screw shows through. (Awful picture, I know....)


Finish putting the rest of your knobs on the board and you have your very own jewelry board!


The next thing I need to do is find a good color for the knobs!


So glad I have somewhere new to put my jewelry :)

Maybe it was just an excuse to get more - HA!


No comments:

Post a Comment